Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Elmer

It is time to introduce you to the newest member of our family:


This is Elmer. 
He is the elf that we have adopted into our family.
My friend told me about this tradition, "The Elf On The Shelf" that they have, and I couldn't resist starting it as well.
I cannot even begin to tell you how much my kids have loved it.
OK, OK, I will fill you in.  
So after you "adopt" your elf, (Barnes and Noble or Pottery Barn Kids) you give him a name.  Your new elf flies off to the north pole every night to fill Santa in. (How else do you think Santa could know everything?) Every morning he comes back and is in a new place and the kids have to search for him. 
I hear them in the morning talking to Elmer and explaining the lego sets they are dreaming of receiving Christmas morning, or just life in general.  
You see, you may talk to your elf all you want, but Santa's rule is that he can't speak back to you and children must never ever touch him or his magic will disappear.

I love the innocence of youth. And I hope I am able to help my children hang onto it for as long as possible.
I had no idea how into this my kids would get.  It is absolutely wonderful.  Elmer is going to help us hold onto that magic of Christmas for much longer than I ever thought it would be here. 
Thanks Elmer.
\



2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, hang on to that magic. They grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I am off to get ours today. What a darling idea. I saw it on another blog but I didn't remember it until now. Thanks for the reminder. I know that magic could fade at anytime but I love enjoying it now.

    ReplyDelete